Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day is A-Coming

I’m making peanut butter cookies right now. I have no good reason to make them, nor was I planning on making cookies at all today. But I couldn’t help myself. I haven’t made plain-Jane peanut butter cookies in ages, and they’re so good right out of the oven and, conveniently, right out of the freezer. I asked my events planning committee at work if we should do anything to celebrate Valentine’s Day on Tuesday. Surprisingly, I got an enthusiastic response from even the two men. So in the spirit of V-Day, my mind’s been full of sugar and red and pink and hearts. I’m not planning to share these cookies at work, but I’m trying to think of what would be a good store-bought treat. Any ideas? Anything besides the ubiquitous Safeway sugar cookie with too-thick red frosting is fair game.  

I'm in the process of writing a far longer post, but it's taking me some time. Thanks for your patience! 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. You could always check out Le Petit Chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Heidi! I simply love Le Petit Chat!

      Delete