Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Fun in Photos

I've been doing research at work about how the Olive Tree blog could be more effective . The nice thing is that the research will benefit this blog, too. I hope you still have some faith in me as a blogger and are looking forward to the good things to come. :)

My friend Heidi had a blog post with pictures from her various summer adventures. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? So here's my post of Fun Summer Photos.

Over Memorial Day weekend, my family and several friends of the family enjoyed time at my uncle's beach house in Lincoln City, Oregon. My dad, friend Rachel, and I went on a hike that unfortunately ended in a broken arm for my dad. I just realized that my dad's looking off to the side in the top picture. Hmm...not sure what he's looking at! :)
Two weeks later, I drove back home to see Julie graduate from high school. I'm so proud of her; she's a compassionate, smart, and fun young woman. At the end of August, my family will pile into our Mazda van and drive her down to Azusa Pacific University in the Los Angeles area. Fun! Pray that we can all fit in the car along with Julie's stuff.



My housemates Rachel and Taylor biked 38 miles from Spokane to Coeur d'Alene in June. Super intense, right? What did I do? Read Harry Potter at a coffee shop where my friend works, drank strawberry lemonade, ate this peanut butter brownie, and picked them up in downtown Coeur d'Alene. Super intense? Not really, but I sure had fun!


My parents came to Spokane from July 6-14. We had a wonderful week together. I planned to bless them when they were here, but instead I found myself super-abundantly blessed by them. We made this Cherry Clafouti for dessert one night. Delicious!


Some dear friends from Partners International and I biked a portion of the Centenniel Trail in Spokane Valley on Saturday, July 21. Afterward we enjoyed a picnic, cherry pit spitting contest, and the turtles around this waterfall. Ya gotta love summer!



Last Sunday, my small group from church enjoyed a day on the Pend Oreille River about an hour north of Spokane. It was beautiful. We even saw two eagles flying when we were on the boat...amazing!

Unfortunately, my two lovely housemates, Taylor and Rachel, are moving out in the coming week. We had a wonderful day yesterday at Green Bluff, eating lunch together, visiting the Petit Chat bakery and spending an hour in Jim and Janie Edwards' garden. Here's a couple photos from our day together:









No comments:

Post a Comment