Monday, January 21, 2013

A Food Interlude

I have a post of a more thoughtful nature coming this week, but I wanted to post these pictures of the Butternut Squash Prosciutto pizza I made with my friend Kari a couple weeks ago. The sauce is pureed squash:


Then we layered on mozzarella cheese, cubed and roasted butternut squash, and pieces of ultra-thin Trader Joe's prosciutto. Here we are layering on squash cubes:



The original recipe called for arugula on top, but we added kale, which is what I had on hand. We decided to try it on just half the pizza because we weren't sure how it would turn out.

And here's the finished product! It was delicious, but very squashy. In the future, I would put a rosemary-infused olive oil sauce layer (or even Alfredo) and keep everything else. I'd love to try it with arugula, too, instead of kale. But, in the end, all who tasted the pizza were happy and contented and wonderfully full.


No comments:

Post a Comment