Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Mennonite Cooking Blog?

You bet! It's AWESOME! If you're a nerd like me and peruse cooking blogs more than you probably should, you really need to check it out. Here it is.

Also, the Oregonian's Food Day section recently had an entire day's edition devoted to Julia Child and her influence in the cooking world. Below are a couple quotes they shared that I liked.

"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"

"Remember, no one's more important than people! In other words, friendship is the most important thing - not career or housework, or one's fatigue - and it needs to be tended and nurtured."

"The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It's doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile. I think of my strawberry souffle. I did that at least 28 times before I finally conquered it."

No comments:

Post a Comment